ABOUT SASK RUGBY
Sask Rugby is the governing body for the sport of rugby in Saskatchewan. First established as the Saskatchewan Rugby Union in 1971, the SRU was one of the first sport governing bodies and active members of SaskSport.
To promote, develop and administer, the playing of Rugby Football under safe conditions throughout Saskatchewan.
- To increase the number of communities, age groups, and educational establishments playing rugby in an organized manner.
- To increase the number of male and female participants in member rugby organizations.
- To raise the standards of play, discipline, coaching, refereeing, administration and facilities at all levels.
- To increase the awareness of Rugby and improve its public image.
- To establish and apply standards and regulations which collectively prescribe an acceptable level of safety for players, officials and spectators.
- To deliver programs and services which meet the needs and aspirations of member rugby organizations and enable rugby athletes to achieve their maximum potential.
SASK RUGBY OFFICE