Welcome To Saskatchewan Rugby
Saskatchewan Rugby is the governing body for the sport of Rugby in Saskatchewan. It was founded as an active member within Sasksport on March 19, 1975.
To promote, develop and administer, the playing of Rugby Football under safe conditions throughout Saskatchewan.
Saskatchewan Rugby was incorporated in 1975 becoming one of the first sport governing bodies formed until the newly created Sask Sport.
- To increase the number of communities, age groups, and educational establishments playing rugby in an organized manner.
- To increase the number of male and female participants in member rugby organizations.
- To raise the standards of play, discipline, coaching, refereeing, administration and facilities at all levels.
- To increase the awareness of Rugby and improve its public image.
- To establish and apply standards and regulations which collectively prescribe an acceptable level of safety for players, officials and spectators.
- To deliver programs and services which meet the needs and aspirations of member rugby organizations and enable rugby athletes to achieve their maximum potential.
Rugby is a sport rich in tradition, but is often overlooked by many Canadians who play more conventional outdoor sports. Playing organized rugby creates a unique kinship between you and thousands of other players worldwide.
Rugby provides all the camaraderie found in other sports and quickly becomes a sport you will play and enjoy for the rest of your life.
The sport also offers numerous travel opportunities. Rugby has a deep heritage in Great Britain, Europe, South Africa, New Zealand, and Australia. Numerous teams travel worldwide each year in friendly and competitive tournaments.
Need more convincing?
Saskatchewan Rugby is a great place to learn the sport or dust off the boots for another run. The league employs knowledgeable coaches who will help players develop skills and learn the sport and its rules.
To learn more about rugby click HERE for Rugby 101.
For those not looking to play the sport but still want to be involved, Sask Rugby offers the opportunity to gain coaching or refereeing certification.
So if you are looking for a physical sport that prides itself on team effort and camaraderie…look to rugby and get involved in Saskatchewan Rugby.
Saskatchewan Rugby Past Presidents
|Years Served||Past Presidents|
|1974-1978||Dr. Brian Fern|
|1988||Dr. Brian Fern|